Class Action litigation provides an individual the opportunity to seek justice from the the largest corporations and private entities that may have caused them harm.
Class-action litigation provides an efficient and stream-lined process for resolving similar legal issues by unifying attorney efforts and court decisions. For example, class action attorneys can address one court decision rather than respond to several inconsistent rulings from several different courts. Plaintiffs can obtain equitable treatment and reward, which further simplifies the process.
While the subject matter of class action lawsuits can vary widely, two factors are almost always present:
- the issues in dispute are common to all members of the class, and
- the persons affected are so numerous as to make it impracticable to bring them all before the court.
A class action is often the sole means of enabling persons, even those with serious injuries, to remedy injustices committed by powerful, multi-million dollar corporations and institutions. In other situations, each person within a large group may have suffered only limited damages and the cost of individual lawsuits would be far greater than the value of each claim. The total damages, however, to the class could be quite large. The wrongdoer would have the incentive to continue its fraudulent conduct but for a class action. Finally, where the defendant has engaged in a pattern of wrongdoing, a class action can provide an effective remedy for the group without incurring the costs of thousands of separate lawsuits and risking inconsistent decisions by the courts. By bringing together many individuals (sometimes thousands) into one lawsuit, the case has more merit and forces the defendant to take the litigation seriously.
Examples of class actions include claims by:
- consumers who purchased the same or who were deceived by the same ;
- consumers and small business owners who paid an inflated price for a product after a group of corporations ;
- patients prescribed a that the manufacturer was aware of and failed to disclose;
- 天津福彩app下载 or business owners affected by an such as the BP Gulf of Mexico oil spill;
- subjected to a pattern or practice of racial, age, or gender discrimination by their corporate employer;
- investors who lost their savings due to
- individuals whose sensitive, private communications were recorded by a corporation without their knowledge or authorization.
For an individual consultation regarding your potential class action lawsuit, contact The Fink Law Firm P.C. today at 1(844) FINK- LAW (346-5529). Our award-winning personal injury lawyer天津福彩app下载s will help you navigate the complex legal landscape in the tireless pursuit of justice.